Thursday, 22 May 2014

University

I have officially finished university !

3 YEARS of (not)partying, and working hard has finished !..

The past year and a half has been tough.
I was at the end of my second year of uni when I found out I was pregnant, at that moment I had to make the choice; to either leave uni or stay on and complete uni.

I decided to stay at university, not only for myself but mu unborn child. I didn't want to have the excuse of having a baby to let me not get a degree. I believe it was the best decision I made.

Now I'm not going to lie and say its been an easy process, university and baby but its been worth it.
Just 3 months after giving birth, I was back sat in a lecture hall listening to a lecturer instead of being with my little boy. I did miss him, but loads of pictures being sent to me throughout the day got me through it. My son was always with either my partner or a family member, so I knew he would be happy, which put me at ease.
Downsides, huge boobs if I was away with Jayden for too long, so I dealt with that, by using good breast pads and I was never gone for more than 6 hours a day.

Handing in my final assessment film, and knowing that 3 years of hard work has gone into a final project made me smile from ear to ear.
All the stress has been worth it, and when I graduate and my son is there watching me, I want to inspire him to achieve goals even when situations change and things become difficult, that nothing is impossible.

If I can inspire just 1 other mum to go and get a degree I would feel a sense of achievement.
Its not the end of the world, when you get pregnant mid-year of uni.

If I can do it, and graduate this summer, there is no excuse for you not to either in the future.

- Loca x

2 comments:

  1. Well done!! New follower here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take my hat off to you, that cant of been easy.....You will make your son proud! xx

    ReplyDelete